Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to serve as a public accountability for a personal project. I seek to uncover and more deeply understand the struggle and sacrifice of my aunt, Nordia Esther González Hidalgo, during the Nicaraguan Revolution. I will be sharing my readings, research and reflections. This is my story of how I found hers.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

¡Qué Bárbaro!

So I apparently have again missed out on yet another Nicaraguan festival.  What's especially cruel with this revelation is that it comes merely 4 days late.  I was only 4 days shy of learning of this opportunity I could have attended.  I've also been on high alert since discovering the other event from May.  I am following and friending whoever necessary on Facebook and Twitter to track and monitor the Nicaraguan rumblings of Los Angeles.  I do not know how these people advertise their fairs, but they somehow continually fail to reach out far and wide enough to catch me.  It seems like I'm the one who's going to have to do the digging.  Hopefully the future will be kinder to my curiosity and for once present with non-expired possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment